February 24, 2016
In this episode we explore the editing process. Some authors are afraid to use editors or do not know how to go about making the most of the editing process.
We look at
- Why use an editor?
- What to expect from an editor
- Where to draw the line betweenwhat is and is not acceptable for an editor to do
- How to make the most of theediting process
- How do you know when an editor isnot the right fit?
- Who has the final say during theediting process?
February 17, 2016
I wanted to chat to Moll abouther writing style, her beliefs around damaged characters and what sort ofreaction she has received as a result of her work.
In this candid interview shereveals a lot about how she writes damaged characters and why.
KA Moll discusses
- Her workbefore she took early retirement and why that drives her to write what she does
- The reactionto her novels and their no holds barred content
- Why shedoesn’t reveal the actual therapy sessions in her novels
- What it waslike to write a supernatural novel and how her audience responded
- What wasinstrumental in getting her first books out
- And what herwife says about her writing
February 10, 2016
In this episode of The Write
Stuff, Erica Mills discusses newsletters for authors and publishers. Our goal is
to look at how authors and publishers can use newsletters to build a following,
sell more books and engage with readers.
February 3, 2016
Heather Rose Jones, author of the Alpennia lesbian fantasy series, talks to us about writing fantasy novels.
- how she does her research
- why she writes lesbian fiction
- her lesbian motif project
- how to know when you have written to much description
- why beta readers are so important
She also does a reading from Mystic Marriage