April 14, 2016
Author AL Duncan shares tips with us on how to build deeper characters and get more emotional engagement from readers. She also talks about why she promotes her work as woman's fiction rather than lesbian fiction and how heterosexual woman feel about lesbian characters and lesbian sex scenes. | You can find AL Duncan at her website http://alduncan.us
April 7, 2016
This episode of The Write Stuff sees us chatting to Renee J Lukas who shares great screen writing tips for authors.
This episode is packed with 10 brilliant tips that are guaranteed to make any story better.
You can also find her work on:
Please note: Amazon links are affiliate links
March 31, 2016
There are few people more qualified to talk about making money in lesbian fiction than Harper Bliss. Not only is she one of the best selling authors in the lesbian fiction arena, her books regularly hit number one in the lesbian romance category and both her and her wife make a living from their lesbian fiction publishing.
In this podcast she tells us:
- How they ended up starting Ladylit Publishing
- How long it has taken her to start earning from her work
- In December 2015 Bliss embarked on an ambitious project of publishing a book every month. She chats about why she decided to do this and how she manages to pull it off.
- About marketing strategies that work for her
- Why every author must have a mailing list
- How she uses her mailing list to boost her novel ranking before they are even released
March 24, 2016
We chat to Catherine M Wilson about her writing. She spent ten years writing her trillogy and has spent the last several years marketing them to a mainstream audience. She is able to make money every month from her novels and gives us a range of great tips.
Show notes and more on The Lesbian Talk Show
March 17, 2016
K’Anne Meinel started ShadoePublishing when she realised that she had a lot of knowledge about publishingthat she could share.
In this podcast interview she discusses,publishing, social media and her move from an author to publisher.
Get show notes and more on TheLesbianTalkShow.com
March 10, 2016
Denise, from My Lesbian Radio, chats tous about podcasting. Give us tips and talks about how publishers and authorscan use podcasts to boost sales.
She talks about
- the best decisions she made forher podcast
- the most popular topics she hascovered on her podcast
- how she records and edits sound
- how to promote the podcast
- fulfilling expectations fromlisteners
Show notes available on The Lesbian Talk Show
March 3, 2016
In our two part show on podcasting for lesbians we chat to DeniseWarner, from My Lesbian Radio.
Denise started My Lesbian Radio but it wasn't all sunshine androses. In part one she tells us about her ups and downs and how it took herfifteen years to get to where she is now.
- what it was like to go from radio to podcasting
- how she networks
- making money on her podcast
- her expansion plans
- and she even mentions her new novel
In part two she discusses how authors and publishers can usepodcasting. Show notes and more on
February 24, 2016
In this episode we explore the editing process. Some authors are afraid to use editors or do not know how to go about making the most of the editing process.
We look at
- Why use an editor?
- What to expect from an editor
- Where to draw the line betweenwhat is and is not acceptable for an editor to do
- How to make the most of theediting process
- How do you know when an editor isnot the right fit?
- Who has the final say during theediting process?
February 17, 2016
I wanted to chat to Moll abouther writing style, her beliefs around damaged characters and what sort ofreaction she has received as a result of her work.
In this candid interview shereveals a lot about how she writes damaged characters and why.
KA Moll discusses
- Her workbefore she took early retirement and why that drives her to write what she does
- The reactionto her novels and their no holds barred content
- Why shedoesn’t reveal the actual therapy sessions in her novels
- What it waslike to write a supernatural novel and how her audience responded
- What wasinstrumental in getting her first books out
- And what herwife says about her writing
February 10, 2016
In this episode of The Write
Stuff, Erica Mills discusses newsletters for authors and publishers. Our goal is
to look at how authors and publishers can use newsletters to build a following,
sell more books and engage with readers.
February 3, 2016
Heather Rose Jones, author of the Alpennia lesbian fantasy series, talks to us about writing fantasy novels.
- how she does her research
- why she writes lesbian fiction
- her lesbian motif project
- how to know when you have written to much description
- why beta readers are so important
She also does a reading from Mystic Marriage
January 27, 2016
Clare Lydon, London based lesbian fiction author, discusses cover design with us.
She talks about:
- finding a good designer,
- choosing the right image,
- which images sites to look at
- and what file types you need.
Lydon also does a reading from her novel This London Love. This is the perfect lesbian podcast for anyone interested in writing or wanting to learn about the book biz.