How To Keep Your Relationship Safe From Family
Les Talk About It Episode: 10 of 12 of the Relationship Season
Join Tamara and Sheena as they talk about How To Keep Your Relationships Safe From Your Family in this episode of Les Talk About It.
In this episode:
- Signs that your family is interfering in your relationship
- Putting unrealistic demands on your time an attention
- You feel responsible for your relatives emotional wellbeing
- Keeping secrets from your family
- Relying on your parents for money
- Relying on your family too much
- When your parents expect you to check in with them about everything
- Violating your privacy
- Being competitive
- Indulging your poor decisions
- Your parents overshare personal details about their own lives
- How to handle the problem
Les Talk About It Series: Relationships
Relationships are important for humans. We need them to survive, never mind thrive. In this series we delve into relationships and break down some statistics and realities because, let’s face it, most us just muddle through and don’t necessarily have the skillset to rally make a relationship work.
About The Hosts
Sheena comes from a media background and in 2014 she started The Lesbian Review, a website dedicated to reviewing the best lesbian books and movies. In 2016 A podcast channel seemed like a natural progression and so she started The Lesbian Talk Show.
Sheena discovered lesbian fiction in her late teens and it helped her with her coming out process, something for which she will always be grateful.
Tamara is a marketing professional and has branched out into design and photography. Her natural love for research and learning meant that she was the perfect podcast partner when Sheena wanted to start Les Talk About It. (Well, that and the fact that Tamara is married to Sheena.)
Contact Sheena And Tamara
If you love what we do, consider becoming a Patron - you get exclusive content and you help us grow