On the Shelf May 2018
The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast - Episode 22a
Your monthly update on what the Lesbian Historic Motif Project has been doing.
In this episode we talk about
- Recent and upcoming publications covered on the blog
- Crawford, Julie. 2009. “Women’s Secretaries” in Queer Renaissance Historiography, Vin Nardizzi, Stephen Guy-Bray & Will Stockton, eds. Ashgate, Burlington VT. ISBN 978-0-7546-7608-9
- Drouin, Jennifer. 2009. “Diana’s Band: Safe Spaces, Publics, and Early Modern Lesbianism” in Queer Renaissance Historiography, Vin Nardizzi, Stephen Guy-Bray & Will Stockton, eds. Ashgate, Burlington VT. ISBN 978-0-7546-7608-9
- Putter, Ad. “Transvestite Knights in Medieval Life and History” in Cohen, Jeffrey Jerome & Bonnie Wheeler (eds). 1997. Becoming Male in the Middle Ages. Garland, New York.
- Rowson, Everett K. 2003. “Gender Irregularity as Entertainment: Institutionalized Transvestism at the Caliphal Court in Medieval Baghdad” in Farmer, Sharon & Carol Braun Pasternack (eds). Gender and Difference in the Middle Ages. University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis. ISBN 0-8166-3893-4
- Wiethaus, Ulrike. “In Serch of Medieval Women’s Friendships: Hildegard of Bingen’s Letters to her Female Contemporaries” in Wiethaus, Ulrike (ed). 1993. Maps of Flesh and Light: The Religious Experience of Medieval Women Mystics. Syracuse University Press, Syracuse.
- Kruk, Remke. 1998. “The Bold and the Beautiful: Women and ‘fitna’ in the Sirat Dhat al-Himma: The Story of Nura” in Women in the Medieval Islamic World: Power, Patronage, and Piety, ed. Gavin R. G. Hambly. New York: St. Martin’s Press. ISBN 0-312-21057-4
- Bennett, Judith and Shannon McSheffrey. 2014. “Early, Exotic and Alien: Women Dressed as Men in Late Medieval London” in History Workshop Journal. 77 (1): 1-25.
- Announcing this month’s author guest, Jeannelle M. Ferreira
- Forthcoming Books
- Ask Sappho: Why isn’t there an Ask Sappho question this month?
The Lesbian Historic Motif Project lives at: http://alpennia.com/lhmp
If you have questions or comments about the LHMP or these podcasts, send them to: email@example.com
A transcript of this episode can be found here.
If you enjoy this podcast and others at The Lesbian Talk Show, please consider supporting the show through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheLesbianTalkShow