Hidden Histories with Paula Martinac
Les Do Books with Tara and guest Paula Martinac
This week, Tara sits down to talk historical fiction with author Paula Martinac (Clio Rising). As both an author and a reader, Paula is deeply interested in history and historical fiction, especially how it intersects with lesbian literature. Lesbian history is a hidden history, and through fiction we get the chance to see ourselves revealed in a world written by others.
Some of Paula’s recommendations are YA. Others aren’t. They’re all historicals and they all have romantic aspects, but they’re not dedicated romances. After listening to Paula describe these books, you’ll end up with more on your list than you’d bargained for. Enjoy!
- Silhouette of a Sparrow by Molly Beth Griffin
- Two Wings to Fly Away by Penny Mickelbury
- White Houses by Amy Bloom
- She Rises by Kate Worsley
- An Impossible Distance to Fall by Miriam McNamara
- The Best Bad Things by Katrina Carrasco
Find Paula Martinac online:
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please consider contributing to the Patreon for TLT.