The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast
Halloween Special: The Goblin Market
by Heather Rose Jones
For this Halloween Special, I’ll be looking at sensual language and imagery in Christina Rossetti’s epic poem “The Goblin Market”.
In this episode we talk about
- Rossetti’s background and life
- The conflicting frameworks of romantic friendship and supernatural lesbian decadence present in 19th century literature
- Excerpts of sensual passages from The Goblin Market, Christabel, and Carmilla
- A full reading of The Goblin Market
- The full text of The Goblin Market is included in Terry Castle’s The Literature of Lesbianism, which the LHMP discusses here
- If you have questions or comments about the LHMP or these podcasts, send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A transcript of this podcast is available here.