On the Shelf for August 2020
The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast - Episode 49a with Heather Rose Jones
Your monthly update on what the Lesbian Historic Motif Project has been doing.
In this episode we talk about:
- The podcast is four years old!
- Recent and upcoming publications covered on the blog
- Armenian astrology text (British Library Ms. Or. 6471)
- Kuefler, Mathew (ed). 2007. The History of Sexuality Sourcebook. Broadview Press, Ontario. ISBN 978-1-55111-738-6
- Engelstein, Laura. 1990. "Lesbian Vignettes: A Russian Triptych from the 1890s" in Signs vol. 15, no. 4 813-831.
- Robertson, Jennifer. 1999. "Dying to Tell: Sexuality and Suicide in Imperial Japan" in Signs vol. 25, no. 1 1-35.
- Hatem, Mervat. 1986. "The Politics of Sexuality and Gender in Segregated Patriarchal Systems: The Case of Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Egypt" in Feminist Studies vol. 12, no. 2 250-274.
- Phillips, Kim M. & Barry Reay. 2011. Sex Before Sexuality: A Premodern History. Polity Press, Cambridge. ISBN 978-0-7456-2522-5
- This month we have a theme focusing on the mythological figure of Artemis/Diana:
- Reprise: Diana and Callisto: The Sometimes Problematic Search for Representation
- Book Appreciation: Stories involving Artemis/Diana
- Asexual Artemis/Lesbian Diana: Artificial Scarcity and Representation
- Original Fiction: “Your Fingers Like Pen and Ink” by Jeannelle M. Ferreira
- New and forthcoming fiction
- Call for submissions for the 2021 LHMP audio short story series. See here for details.
- A transcript of this podcast is available here.
Links to the Lesbian Historic Motif Project Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com/lhmp
- Blog: http://alpennia.com/blog
- RSS: http://alpennia.com/blog/feed/
Links to Heather Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com
- Email: Heather Rose Jones
- Twitter: @heatherosejones
- Facebook: Heather Rose Jones (author page)
If you enjoy this podcast and others at The Lesbian Talk Show, please consider supporting the show through Patreon: