On the Shelf May 2019
The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast - Episode 34a with Heather Rose Jones
Your monthly update on what the Lesbian Historic Motif Project has been doing.
In this episode we talk about
- Presenting research from the LHMP at the Kalamazoo Medieval Congress
- The LHMP has a Patreon
- Get ready to think about the 2020 fiction series
- Recent and upcoming publications covered on the blog
- LHMP book shopping!
- Early 20th century love letters
- A translation of Yde and Olive
- The trial records of Anne Grandjean
- Announcing this month’s author guest, Molly Tanzer (for real this time)
- New and forthcoming fiction:
- Two Wings to Fly Away by Penny Mickelbury (Bywater Books)
- The Confessions of Frannie Langton by Sara Collins (Harper Collins)
- Proper English by K.J. Charles (self-published)
- The Railroad of Threads Riva Zmajoki (self-published)
- The Lady and Her Secret Lover: a Lords of Time story by Jenn LeBlanc (Illustrated Romance)
- Precious and Adored: The Love Letters of Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple, 1890–1918 edited by Lizzie Ehrenhalt & Tilly Laskey (Minnesota Historical Society Press)
- Other Links
- Abbouci, Mounawar ed. and trans. 2018. Yde and Olive. In Medieval Feminist Forum: A Journal of Gender and Sexuality, Subsidia series vol 8. Medieval Texts in Translation 5.
- Memoire pour Anne Grandjean, connu sous le nom de Jean-Baptiste Grandjean, Accusé & Appellant. Contre M. le Procureur Génêral. Accusateur & Intimé. 1765. Louis Cellot, Paris.
- Ask Sappho: Anonymous asks “Why doesn’t the LHMP ever talk about trans lesbians in history?”
- A transcript of this podcast is available here.
Links to the Lesbian Historic Motif Project Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com/lhmp
- Blog: http://alpennia.com/blog
- RSS: http://alpennia.com/blog/feed/
Links to Heather Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @heatherosejones
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Heather-Rose-Jones-490950014312292/
If you enjoy this podcast and others at The Lesbian Talk Show, please consider supporting the show through Patreon: