So You’re Writing a Sapphic Historical Romance: Questions to Consider - The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast Episode 53d
So You’re Writing a Sapphic Historical Romance: Questions to Consider
The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast - Episode 53d with Heather Rose Jones
In this episode we talk about the questions to ask about sapphic relationships and how they are perceived in your story’s setting:
- How easy is it to live outside of the heterosexual marriage paradigm?
- What are the economic, legal, and religious constraints on your characters?
- What is the ordinary “background noise” of non-sexual displays of affection?
- How does the culture of the setting understand privacy and how does that affect your characters’ behavior?
- What are the realities and perceptions around sex between women in this setting?
- How does the culture of the setting understand gender and sexuality?
- How are female couples depicted in popular culture of the time?
Links to the Lesbian Historic Motif Project Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com/lhmp
- Blog: http://alpennia.com/blog
- RSS: http://alpennia.com/blog/feed/
Links to Heather Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com
- Email: Heather Rose Jones
- Twitter: @heatherosejones
- Facebook: Heather Rose Jones (author page)
If you enjoy this podcast and others at The Lesbian Talk Show, please consider supporting the show through Patreon: