The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast - Episode 30c with Heather Rose Jones
A review of the movie The Favourite, about the rivalry between Sarah Duchess of Marlborough and Abigail Masham for the favour and affections of Anne, Queen of England.
I’m joined in this show by Farah Mendlesohn, historian and both author and publisher of queer historical fiction, and by Trystan Bass, co-founder and editor in chief of the Frock Flicks blog and podcast. We talk about everything from the necessary historical inaccuracies of film making, to the use of costume and setting in conveying the film’s themes, to how much we loved both the story and the performances in this movie.
A transcript of this podcast is pending and will appear here.
Links to the Lesbian Historic Motif Project Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com/lhmp
- Blog: http://alpennia.com/blog
- RSS: http://alpennia.com/blog/feed/
Links to Heather Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @heatherosejones
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Heather-Rose-Jones-490950014312292/
Links to Farah Mendlesohn
- Website: https://farahmendlesohn.com
- Twitter: @effjayem
- Manifold Press
- Website: https://manifoldpress.co.uk
- Twitter: @ManifoldPressUK
Links to Trystan Bass Online
- Frock Flicks Website: http://www.frockflicks.com
- Twitter: @FrockFlicks
If you enjoy this podcast and others at The Lesbian Talk Show, please consider supporting the show through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheLesbianTalkShow