The New Atalantis - Secret Lesbian Clubs in 17th c Literature - The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast Episode 30d
The New Atalantis - Secret Lesbian Clubs in 17th c Literature
The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast - Episode 30d with Heather Rose Jones
Readings from an early 18th century satirical roman à clef that depicts a secret society of sapphists at the court of Queen Anne of England.
In this episode we talk about
- The context and purpose of Delarivier Manley’s work
- An annotated reading of selections discussing f/f relationships
- The full text of The New Atalantis can be found at Google Books
- This topic is discussed in one or more entries of the Lesbian Historic Motif Project here.
- A transcript of this podcast is available here.
Links to the Lesbian Historic Motif Project Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com/lhmp
- Blog: http://alpennia.com/blog
- RSS: http://alpennia.com/blog/feed/
Links to Heather Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @heatherosejones
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Heather-Rose-Jones-490950014312292/
If you enjoy this podcast and others at The Lesbian Talk Show, please consider supporting the show through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheLesbianTalkShow