What Asexuality Is And Is Not
Ask An Asexual
Sheena is joined by author and podcaster, Heather Rose Jones and author Alex Woods to talk about what it really means to be an asexual. In this episode we learn what Asexuality is and is not as well as discussing some common myths, stereotypes and answering listener questions.
Heather and Alex answer
- How you come to label yourself asexual
- The claim that Asexuals don’t exist
- What’s the difference between being asexual and aromantic
- Does asexual mean not having any sexual feelings, or does it mean not having sexual feelings towards another person?
- How can an asexual know he or she is homosexual or straight if he or she is not driven by sex attraction? Is there another kind of attraction? What is this attraction?
- Are you born asexual?
Plus Heather gets geeky about spectrums and we love it.
Find Sheena Online
Find Heather Rose Jones Online
Check out her book with an asexual main character The Mystic Marriage -> https://amzn.to/2S65Vnx
Find Alex Woods Online
Find Ask An Asexual on The Lesbian Talk Show
- On Facebook in The Lesbian Talk Show chat group
- Email us on email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @LesbianTalkShow
- You can also join our community of Patrons and get exclusive content go to patreon.com/TheLesbianTalkShow
Some Asexual Resources:
Claudie Arseneault’s Aromantic and Asexual Character Database: https://claudiearseneault.com/?page_id=1320
List of Fictional Characters who are asexual https://m.ranker.com/list/fictional-characters-who-are-asexual/anncasano
Finding Asexual Characters In Movies https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/skarlan/ace-on-the-big-screen#ampf=undefined